Monday, June 25, 2007

Kids At School

It's Princess Margaret Day at Francis Holland Girls' School!!! One of the big big granduer event of the academic year at the school....
Shortlisted talented dance students from the various levels are selected to display some dances (in groups and some solos) and they will be judged and awarded by prestigious ballet/dance figures of the century. The Guest of Honour for this year's event is Lady MacMillan!!!!! Personally, I was extremely excited, nervous... absolutely butterflies in my tummy... can you imagine? The wife of one of the greatest choreographer/dancemaker ever, Sir Kenneth MacMillan.... AAAHHHHH.....
Right, back to the event, dance students from vocational schools such as Royal Ballet and English National Ballet would also perform solos and pas de deux. Then shortly after the judges will give out the prizes to the young students....
As this is my first and last Princess Margaret Day at FHS, some of the girls (my students), who were aware that it will be soon that I am gone.. to tropical singapore for good... they got me some flowers and cards, and i was utterly touched... and holding back my tears....
These girls are great fun to have..... gonna miss them terribly much.... *sob sob*
Daisy, Hiba and Iona!
Daisy & I
The girls waiting for the result...

Girls looking at the camera, in the backrow from bottom: Chance, Daphne, and Zelie, followed by Hiba and Olivia
Constanza looking terribly pleased and excited, bless her, the smallest of the lot, only 5 years old....
After the long long day, and bagging 2 bouquets (I had 4, but I had to give 2 away, even before I brought them with me), I had to give the big bouquet, from Hiba and frens to Nat. I do not have any vase big enough in my flat to store these beautiful flowers.... These are the two bouquets I brought home, one from Hiba and friends and the smaller one which saffie is holding is from Chance. Hahahaha... Saffie demonstrating how strong she is, managing both bouquets all by herself... Awwwww

No comments: