Wednesday, December 13, 2006

been a while... bit by bit...

and yes.. it had...
well.. to summarise it all... with dates that i could vividly remember some events... (some good ones.. some not so good ones...)well on the 16th of Nov, i managed to watch the rehearsal of Royal Ballet's Mixed Bill, Chroma/4Temperaments/DGV. It was an exciting day... watching 2 of my favourite choreographer's new works on stage, and danced by the wonderful cast.. what more can i possibly ask for... hmmf.. a better view perhaps... anyway... i did manage to get a better view on the 17th Nov, which was the opening night for the performance. The results of the new works were phenomenal... the choreography for both were superb, and Ed being in all 3 items, were also brilliant, as it was really his type of dance... i thought... as much as the performance put a smile on my face... but it was only short lived... as my entire bag was stolen :( yes... everything gone.. i was in utter depression for a while.. which also partly explained my late entry...
Pictures of Chroma:
Nevertheless, life went on without my digital camera and ipod... the following day, 18th Nov, my flatmate arrived in the morning, and soon after, i dashed to the Opera House once again to watch my final opportunity of the Royal Ballet Mixed Bill for its matinee before i catch my plane back to singapore [for work]. I didn't had anyone to send me off at the airport... i didn't think i needed someone to cheer me up or send me off, as i thought the Royal Ballet did a wonderful job at it... the dancing was excellent... but i was thoroughly moved by the brilliance of Joby Talbot's orchestral The White Strips' music.... and Michael Nyman's music... the tunes are still ringing in my head as i am writing now...
Pictures of DGV:
I wanted very much to write reviews of these 3 shows, but the thought of my loss was something i needed to get over first.. as i was on this viking ride, hitting the highest point of depression to the highest point of ecstasy on the other end... as long as i have traces of the works in my memory, which i know no one can forget such work.... i believe i will jot them down one day..
so... off i was to sunny singapore... for work of course... as i say.. to summarise... i was called back to conduct auditions for the upcoming School of the Arts Singapore. http://www.sota.sg/ A newly set up school catering to the talented performing arts hopefuls of tomorrow.. some excellent and talented kids... i would say... and also at the same time, i made new friends... i wouldn't call them collegues, as there was hardly any 'office political' barrier among themselves... each of them provided a warmth working environment for each other... oh... yes.. and the straits times pop into the classes that i was teaching and snap my pictures, and featured it online and on print (i was embarassed! as i thought i looked awful without makeup and without a smile!) anyway... been teased as the 'poster girl' so.. am goin to leave it as tat... anyhow... another audition will be held in March new year.. hopefully more talents will drop by and just simply show it off.. hahahaha
hmmf wat else... think that's about it.. those are the main events i thought i would talk about for now...will update more details later... am hitting the sheets now.. hahahah nite nite

No comments: