Saturday, June 17, 2006

finito...*sobsob*

it's the end of a journey, the start of a new one, but at this very moment, its the crossroad of the various paths... not just for me, but for my many classmates, who some went through thick and thin of whinges, complains, and happy moments. The people I will miss the most are my teachers, and of cos, dancing in a huge studio and some small ones, and definitely dancing to live piano music. Of course, I will miss all the teachers in college, but special mention to Jo O'hara (in navy sweater beside me in photo), who is a fantastic being, who relentlessly inspire us (and me) the joy of dancing, and the love of sharing this art form. Worked with her in teaching, who is a huge privilege, has taught me invaluably. She work by the motto of, not just teaching steps and high legs, but teaching the soul in the dancer, she says, "teach from the heart". Jo & I

Love of dancing cannot be measured, hence I don't believe teachers should measure the amount of attention or inspiration to be given to individual. Just because one dancer do not have the physical facilities does not mean that he/she is a useless dancer who do not need attention, this is utter rubbish, and simply degrading.
The last Karsavina Ballet Class was most upsetting. Because it was stated by Tamara Karsavina that her syllabus could only be danced under the roof of the Royal Academy of Dance, and could only be taught by Jo O'hara, or Rachel Cameron, most of us were in tears, including Jo. Cos none of us need to spell it out, we knew that, that was the end of a beautiful work, kept away. And as for us, we knew that, we won't have the chance to dance this wonderful work ever again. Karsarvina Syllabus is simply beautiful dancing accompanied with beautiful music. It is self-indulgent, and uplifting to the soul. Going to miss it dearly. On the final lesson, the atmosphere in the studio was heavy, there were mixed feelings in most of us. After the class, we all sat around for some wine and chat, the teachers that joined us were, Susie Cooper, Jo O'hara and Holly Price. Holly & I
Anyway... I hope to stay in touch with all, and hopefully work together soon.

No comments: