Sunday, May 21, 2006

iT'S bOUT tIME...

hmmf.. guess it's bout time to talk about ME-SELF... well.. let's talk about myself and FOOD... first and forthmost... i had my first korean meal today with Andrea. It was a sumptuous meal, was a bit costly for a student, but i used the money i earned from teaching pilates.. so i didnt feel that bad.. furthermore, it was good food, good company, wonderful ambience and for good reasons. the reasons are aplenty, was our first meal together, and she introduced korean cuisine to me, and also to celebrate an end to our hard-earned degree and the start of our 'diet'.
For starters, we had meat with vegetables in pancake. It was yummy, love the pancake, but the mustard was a killer. it was very strong, and i could feel the power of mustard hit my nose and out my ears.. hahahaha like in the cartoons... The starter was accompanied with side salad. The bean sprouts in sesame was my favourite. The kimchi style of radish, lettuce and cucumber were yummy too. The next dish we had was the barbeque dish, we had bbq meat, spring onion, oil-soaked garlic, soya bean paste and kimchi radish (at one's discreption) wrapped in green leaves. Once wrapped, one has to gobble up the entire 'package' in one mouthful. it was indeed a HUGE mouthful dish. Not to recommend for first dates, no doubt, it was my favourite dish of the evening. Apart from an interesting eat-out, my food addiction... yes.. it can be quite serious at times.. there was once, I was extremely engrossed and addicted to Carrot Cake (English Style), that i HAD to have at least a slice a day. And I could physically finish the entire 8 sliced Carrot Cake all by myself in one seating. They were very healthy, and delicious. Then one time, as I was eating my daily slice, I bit on one of the spices, and that put me off totally. That was how I stopped the carrot cake syndrome. Now, I still eat carrot cakes, but not to such extreme demands. These days, my food addiction bottoms down to my daily intake of 2 main items. First, Sponge Fingers. I have them plain and i could finish a packet of 36 pieces in a day. The are like baby's food. They are used for trifles and tiramisu... Cheap and nice.. as snack.. or a meal even.. oh low fat too.. hahaha
The other item, Rhubarb & Custard Cream Sweets, a traditional English candy. I tried them once, out of curiosity, and thought the aftertaste was exceptionally unique and interesting, I was unable to describe in words. Soon, I was addicted to this weird taste. It has a funny taste followed by a sweet custardy taste, and being hard boiled sweets, they last longer in the mouth. I first bought a small packet to TRY, it was about 3 weeks ago. I finished the small package within a week. One week passed after I have finish the first pack, and my mind has been thinking about it since, I searched the Marks & Spencer in Covent Garden for it, but there was not much luck. And yesterday, I was desperate for the sweet, i head to another Marks & Spencer in Oxford Street to try my luck, and there it was sitting on the shelves. I was pleased.
The other item that I recently like, but not exactly ADDICTED, is Fruit-tella's fruity chews with Fruit Juice. They are very sweet and juicy actually... lovin' it...
Somehow I feel i gonna get decay soon.. *oops oops*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»