Thursday, May 25, 2006

a quickie...

am preparin to get my butt out the house to get to British Library to find some "hot" stuff... will be sharin it here once i got my hands on them... well.. doesn't need much clue huh...
anyway... was totally knacked yesterday again... had teaching with Jo O'hara (my teacher). I always enjoyed working with her, and working for her. She is the sweetest and loveliest person i ever met. She is a girlish lady in a small frail frame. She reminded me of the classic Giselle. anyway, she dropped me off after the teaching practice, and as it was raining, we end up chatting in her car for a couple of minutes. We talked about Fokine, and about the way he worked even though none of us met him before, and we talked about who she used to danced and partnered with, Anton Dolin, etc. Then she assumed that I like Fokine's work, I told her that, I adore MacMillan's work. She went, "Oh.. Don't let me start on MacMillan!" with dramatic hand over forehead impression. hahahaha... and we just started spilling out how amazing each of his creations, etc... I said, "There is no work of MacMillan's is bad. I love Rite of Spring the most" Jo responded, "Oh goodness, of cos, Rite of Spring. That was such a brilliant piece." Jo was so sweet, she just went all jittery, and full of admiration throughout the conversation of MacMillan. She showed interest in wanting to watch Tamara Rojo in Mayerling, and how wonderful a dancer Rojo is. I cannot agree more.. And soon, both of us have prepared with setting dates and making plans to watch ballet together. Never had such a great conversation with a teacher like that before...I enjoyed it very much, much more than discussing such topics to a peer who do not even have a clue about MacMillan's works.
anyway... leavin u now... I can't wait to return to london in september, starting with a new fiery drive and passion in dance, and wanting to make the best out of my stay in uk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»