Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SLASHED :|

i got slashed by the adminstrator from a dance review site.... hmmmf.. i posted a review on a ballet production, and it didn't agree with other people, and they are just voicing their point of view. well, i know it's normal, reviews are subjective, etc... everybody has their own freedom of speech blah blah blah... at first i took it like a big disappointment, cos i felt that readers may think that my writing is very one-sided or bias, but it is not true. i am being as truthful as i can, well almost, i cannot be far too critical, and i dun wanna slashed and criticise professional dancers when they are so many leagues above me... on the other hand, after telling lucie about this incident, she say being slashed by the administrator is a positive thing, cos it means that my work is being noticed and people out there are aware of my work...i took it as an encouragement, but i didn't want to be taken as the person who gives one-sided reviews (which i don't)... and i am trying to be as diplomatic as i can.. and not to hurt anybody's feelings :(
Mandy, a lady i met from this dance forum, was most sweet. She sent me an email to console me and told me not to take the administator's words too strongly... Awww... cos i am a junior on that site.. (only posted 2 reviews).. its alrite... i am fine... it sort of give me a good push and drive to work harder on the next review... YES... i can't wait to do it.... hmmf.. what should i review next?
Royal Ballet masterclass? or La Fille Mal Gardee? hahahah BOTH!
ok.. need to go prepare for teaching :(
ciao *pixie*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»