Wednesday, May 31, 2006

new shoes =D

bought a pair of Gaynor Minden (American shoemaker) pointeshoes... Cost a bomb, even after the student discount... but i guess, after waiting for 3 years, i thought, its bout time to get my hands/feet(actually) on them... They seemed to be the 'in' thing in college, most ppl in sch are using them, and a lot of professional dancers use them.. i am very very intrigued to find out wat so amazing about it... well, i'm not going to bore u with the details. its really comfy during the fitting, lots of cushioning. Now, let's hope that it feels just as brilliant whilst dancing in it..
They are now nice and clean... sewn the ribbons and elastic bands on them a couple of minutes ago.. and am going zonkers soon.. its 3am now..

somehow.. i feel this week.. i have immense mixed feelings... firstly.. this week, the school magazine (which will be circulated worldwide, becos of the members are worldwide), Dance Gazette, is out. It has the reviews of Chocolatism (my exam choreography piece), usually, the reviews reflect what the results of our choreography exam are. If the review are in full praise, then that particular piece of work is gonna be the top results in class... and of cos vice versa... hence i do not have a clue where my work stands... and of cos, i have my own expectation for myself, yet i dun want to tempt fate.. hence the mixed feelings...
another mixed feeling: i've finished my course of study, just anticipating the results patiently... i have not a clue what lies ahead of me. Masters? Work? or... I dunno... I am not tat unorganised and unplanned... but due to such circumstances, I have minimal options... I do really wish to come back to UK at least another year. I just feel like.. I missed out on absorbing the dance culture enough..and there are so much more opportunities for me to grow and be nurture as an individual, which back home, I can never get such priviledge and opportunities. I need 1 more year to really make the best out of it... On the other hand, there are loved ones who want/need me back, both emotionally and physically...

but do we live for ourselves, or do we live for the ones we love?

No comments: