Sunday, May 21, 2006

UP*CLOSE

Gotten tickets to watch Royal Ballet's In Good Company on the opening night (19th May) and the last performance on (21st May). Its one of the many events to mark the 75th Anniversary of the Royal Ballet. This particular event brought together dancers from Royal Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet, National Ballet of Canada, and The Australian Ballet.
On the 19th May, the response was very good, I only managed a seat in the 2nd row in the Linbury Studio Theatre at the Royal Opera House, in other words, i am just 3 meters away from the stage. Linbury is a much smaller auditorium, henceforth, one can literally see the dancers extremely CLOSE-UP, almost being able to see the leg hair of the female/male dancers :p. Anyway, to summarise my evening, Ed performed with Leanne Benjamin in a duet. When he took his bow, he stared at me, I freaked out at that instant, and looked away. I had a sudden sense of guilt, that i had to hide my face in shame from him. Very odd feelings. anyway, how did I know he was STARING at me? well, to begin, i was situated smack in the centre in the 2nd row, only3 meters or less, directly from where he stood, and I was the only oriental person in the first 5 rows. and I was looking at him as I applaud and as he bow, when he recovers, he turn towards my direction, looked me in the eye (assuming that i may look familiar to him, as we met each other just about 2 months ago). Anyway... tat was that... after the performance, I was the last in the audience to retreat in the foyer. The foyer was packed with well-wishers and people. I came out of the auditorium and saw a lady just about 5 meters away from me, I knew her from when I was working at Giorgio Armani. And I always wish to meet her at a ballet event to say hi, for she is such a lovely lady. I was so pleased to see her standing right in front of me, as I was about to advance towards her, I noticed she was talking to somebody, and i thought it will not be nice to interrupt... and I just looked over to see who she was chatting to, in which this person had the back towards me. Well... well... guess who.. yes.. indeed.. Edward Watson. I was like, "oh... shit!!! Damnz". I hang around for a bit to wait till their conversation has ended. I could have just waited beside her to say hi, instead, as I cannot bear to see Ed's face (for i know i probably feaked out, its weird, cos now when i see him LIVE... he sends chills down my spine... not sure if its FEAR hmmf), i waited patiently about 5 meters away. She gave Ed a friendly pat on the back, literally, and walked off as her husband continued chatting with Ed. I hurried towards her, caught up with her and spoke to her.
She is such a dear lady. She was very happy to finally see me, as I was feeling the same too. And we exchanged contact details. Both she and her husband did not have any air in them, and seemed to be the warmest people I have acquainted. I was very pleased that evening, for, I got to watch Ed danced, and to exchange contacts with the lovely couple.
And today, I went to watch the similiar event, reviews can be read from:
http://www.terpsichore-museofdance.blogspot.com/ and amongst the audience, there were a handful of Royal Ballet dancers, Rambert Ballet Company and Wayne McGregor (WOOOHOO) This genius is out-of-this-world! He is highly charged with creativity and innovation. A master in choreography and movements. He is the first artist that has inspired me to choreograph, and to enhance my interest in analysing choreographies. The best part of it, his company, Random Dance Company, is currently rehearsing in my school. WOOHOO WOOHOO!!! am looking forward to a duet of his, being performed, by Ed & Leanne, Laura and Ricardo of the Royal Ballet, in 2 weeks time. Cunt Wait!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»