Monday, May 22, 2006

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

EXCEPTIONALLY THRILLED!!!! I cannot verbally describe how i currently feel. but if you could put yourself in my position, you will understand...
I started writing reviews of dance productions in March'06 on my other blog
http://www.terpsichore-museofdance.blogspot.com/. And i was reading the various professional reviews by critically acclaimed dance critics on http://www.ballet.co.uk to find out what the professional thinks, and if I agree to what they say, etc. Sometimes, there are cases where I strongly agree to what these critics or reviewer say, and sometimes i am utterly disapprove to what they say. Hence I just wanted to make my little voice heard, and I thought, appearing with a nickname, will hide my identity. However, as silly as I possibly be, I used a nick, but used my real name as my user name, not knowing that it will be used on the site, as I thought its only for admin purposes... anyway... I began posting my personal opinions on the the website. One day, as i was browsing through the reviews on Royal Ballet's Giselle, I saw my name pop out as a contributer to a post. I was alarmed and was in utter shame, i was so worried that folks in school are going to make fun of me and call me a ballet geek (well, provided that these folks actually visit the site, but clearly not). anyway, i was consoled by Donn (my ballet teacher in Glasgow), that there is nothing to be ashamed of. I was encouraged both by Donn, and the administrator who picked my work, and continued to work on more reviews...
anyway... the point of today's post is....
I wrote a review of an event at the opera house, and it was selected by the administrator, to be the MAIN review of the event. Henceforth, I got my review an OWN page.. heheee.. I never dream in a million years that my work will be chosen as a main review of a specific event.. This is the link,
http://www.ballet.co.uk/magazines/yr_06/may06/ct_rev_rb_0506.htm and u can read the other 'shortlisted' posts which the administrator picked under "Other Celine Tan Reviews". heehee.. i am highly vitalised with encouragement and excitment...
Oh gosh... i cannot describe the feelings i have now, i just cannot stop smiling... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Angel!!! Proud of ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»